Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Post

Here is my first post for my Journalism 411 Reporting with the Internet blogging assignment. I suppose first an introduction of sorts is in order. My name is Adam Ming and I'm a journalism major on the verge of graduating from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. I'm 22 years old. And no one really cares anything else about me personally, they care what I have to say--if that at this blog's youthful beginning. But eventually they will care, because eventually I'll be writing important and interesting things that stir discussion and spawn ideas and I'll be the rave of the community!

Or something like that.

Moving on though, this blog will focus on topics that interest me that I can write about and talk to people about. For the next several days, that will likely include golf and the last few nice days of the year that I'll abuse to enjoy it to the fullest extent possible. I'll probably dabble in some other "lifetime leisure activities" as they were described in a high school gym class of mine, mainly bowling, since it's cheap, fun to play in groups, and is something that those less passionate friends can still enjoy because they can drink themselves silly (and improve ironically enough).

I'll probably harp on other sports things as well. My internship this semester is with Michiganpreps.rivals.com, where I cover high school football games and do featurey stories about promising young players and teams.

I'll probably complain about professional sports because I'm such a stellar athlete that I would never make the kinds of mistakes they make and I hope they take notice and execute better! I do love watching hockey, basketball, football and golf, as much as possible. It drives my girlfriend nuts but it's a test of the relationship, right?

And aside from that, I'll be commenting on things that other journalists are talking about, too. This twitter nonsense is not going away apparently, so I've collapsed and befriended some journalists and I will see how the big boys play this game.

I hope everyone enjoys the fruits of my labor here and I, in turn, will enjoy yours as well... so long as it's interesting, funny and insightful. And not boring. I'm kidding of course. Well, kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment