Friday, November 13, 2009

Today's Twittering

Well today was actually very boring on twitter. There were a few little tidbits that I saw on the news and don't get me wrong the articles themselves were actually pretty good. There was one not on my twitter that I saw about Michigan's economy that was particularly interesting: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20091112/NEWS04/911120324/1002/NEWS01. Read that for a mood booster!

But I actually really enjoyed the piece that Pat Caputo and Jeff Kuehn made about Steve Yzerman prior to his induction into the Hall of Fame ceremony at the Joe Louis Arena. (http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2009/11/13/sports/doc4afce25f4d01e812958190.txt)
I really liked the piece, I thought Pat and Jeff did a real nice job on that. The video editing at the beginning drug on a little bit, but the content was excellent. Pat's a really laid back, tell-it-how-it-is kind of guy and I really like that in this video. He comes across as a normal, everyday person that I think people will relate to and won't mind the awkward background or anything else distracting in the video.

And I agree with a lot of what he said, too. Yzerman is the most likable athlete Detroit's ever had and he is just a real leader. Coming back from knee surgery and working hard and wincing through the pain, the man just exuded class and excellence. I'm so glad the Illitch family has given him a position and that he's going to stay on with the franchise for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment